Sunday, April 19, 2009

Vietnam!

So I went on a 10 day excursion to Vietnam with some friends this past week. I really wanted to see Vietnam before I left, and Easter break was here, so I thought I would check out Hanoi with my friend Hannah. Then I found out that a bunch of other friends were planning on going where we were headed and it ended up being a party!

The first part of the trip was amazing. We went to Hanoi and then took a night train to Sapa, a little quiet northern town very close to the Chinese border.

This is the view from my hotel room, fireplace included. It was sooo amazing to have cooler weather and such views!






The food here was also amazing, we ate really well here and the wine was delicious as well.

We went shopping and were followed by many little Black Hmong Ladies saying "you buy from me? you say you buy from me? why you not buy from me?"

We took a hike out and around Cat Cat Village. It was such a reminder of how beautiful God's creation is and how much I long to be back in the mountains!






We saw some unusual sights...



Here are some more pictures I took along the way...








We mostly stayed near our hotel when we weren't trekking and played cards, relaxed, and enjoyed the scenery.



We stayed in Sapa for 5 days and then moved on to Ha Long Bay, where I met up with a friend from Seattle, Annette, who worked with me at the BB&GC...

My next post will be of our adventures in HaLong Bay.

1 comment:

Dennis and Bari said...

Beautiful pictures, and it looks so cool -weather-wise! Glad you had a great trip!