Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Great Times with Super Great Friends



Waiting at the airport with beers and triple shot iced lattes in hand.


There's their sign!



HERE COME THE PEEPS!!!!!


The taxi ride to the Dutch Crib.


Pascale and I made a chocolate brownie cake. Pascale decorated it with Bocce Balls! :)


At the Dutch Crib!


Natalie and Pascale at the pool.


Silly times poolside!



This weekend was a long-awaited weekend for me. My super duper over the top wonderful friends, Bobbie and Andrew came back to Bangkok for a weekend. Christo and Lieke and I met them at the airport at 1:30 in the morning, that is how excited we where. Okay, well, the IDEA was exciting, but on Friday night, I actually had to call Lieke to see if maybe I could get away with staying in my nice air conditioned house and sleeping instead of making the trek to the airport. She said no way and said to get my booty over to the airport, so I did. And I'm glad I did. I miss our fun times so much! We all spent the night at Christo and Lieke's pad and it was like one big giant reunion. We had a pool party on Saturday and then went out to dinner and dancing. It was just like old times. I actually can't believe I'm admitting this, but on Sunday, we played 8 hours of Guitar Hero because we kind of got obsessed with beating the levels. My friends fly from China and we spend our time inside playing the Wii. Well, it's more just the hanging out that we miss, right?!?! Right.

Then we went to the Korn to our good old stomping ground Hot Chillis. Yes I know I spelled it wrong, but that's the name of our place. We used to hang out there at least twice a week for the past two years, so it's kind of our second home, our Cheers bar if you will.

Yesterday we said goodbye to our friends, stuffed from hot and spicy Thai food and even hotter weather. It's exciting that international teaching bonds us together so much. I will miss them as they continue their adventure in China, but I know that when we get together again, we will pick up right where we left off. It's like they never even left Hot Chillis.

My top 10 exciting things that happened this weekend:
1. Bobbie and Andrew were actually here and no longer figments of my imagination.
2. We stayed at the Dutch Crib.
3. We had a pool party.
4. I had a reason to make my artichoke heart dip from the Hogley Family cookbook. :)
5. We danced the night away at Titanium's.
6. We got to eat lots of Thai food.
7. We laughed really hard at SNL youtube videos.
8. We beat the Wii at Guitar Hero.
9. The rains came finally!
10. I got to hang out with the old gang again!

1 comment:

Dennis and Bari said...

Have you seen "La Policia Mexicana" from SNL -it's a little insight into my life, and I love the perm, by the way, and we're sorry we missed the reunion! Glad you had fun!!!