Tuesday, April 21, 2009

And then there was Ha Long Bay....




So usually there is always some sort of misadventure on any trip I take. Usually these sorts of misadventures involves me either forgetting something, losing something, or having something stolen.... Well, nothing like that happened this time. This time....well....let's just say the two night boat trip looked WAY better in the pictures in the tour book. We were very excited to take our two day cruise around the UNESCO site with limestone cliffs in the South China Sea. Sounds wonderful, doesn't it? Well, I do have to admit, it was beautiful. But little did we know, that we were in for a boot-camp type experience.

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit, boot camp is a little extreme. And the scenery was absolutely phenomenal. But my advice to anyone who wants to take this trip, is really do your research first, and do a tour that is from a reputable source, not from your hotel.



We had a great time together. We played a lot of cards, read some books and generally enjoyed each other's company.




There were beautiful sunsets each night.



These little ladies in the boats would row up to our boat and sell us things off the side. We were allowed to bring food on the boat but not drinks. We still managed to smuggle a couple of cokes on board, though.



One of my highlights of my trip: My friend Annette from SPU and the boys and girls club visited me while I was in Vietnam. She was on a two week mission trip and extended her stay so we could hang out. I had such a great time with her! She is such a fun lady!

2 comments:

Christy said...

How fun! You need to write more details about the boat tour. I am curious!

Miriam said...

Yeah me too! I want to know more about bootcamp. Glad you're still getting some use out of the cookbook. I love that thing.