Thursday, September 07, 2006

Thai Floods

Okay so I officially experienced the "rainy season" last night. My friends and I went out dancing last night and I took a taxi home after it was thunder and lightening downtown. As we approached the main road for our village (called a moo baan), the water was soooo deep that it was reaching the doors of the taxi. I was really worried that this non-English speaking taxi driver would just kick me out and make me walk the flooded mile home. I had never seen anything like it. Standing water all through the roads. The cars crept along like it was snowing. Finally I got home, but the flooding, rain and thunder continued through the night. And I am very saddened becausue I did not get to take any pictures of it. But then this morning, all the roads were clear. LIke there was absolutely NO reason whatsoever to just continue on....

No comments: