Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Blowin off the dust....

Dear Faithful Readers,

Hello! Yes I'm alive and I'm finally blowin' the dust off my blog. I moved and then was setting up internet and all that jazz, so I haven't been even remotely faithful at blogging my life as before. Please bear with me as I post some past events through the last couple of months. Here are some highlights really quickly. Pictures will come soon, I promise!

December
* Went to Chiang Mai on a volunteer trip with fellow friends and teachers. We got to hang out with a village of Hmong people and learn about their life in Thailand. We also had a little misadventure with an airplane flight and ended up taking a taxi 8 hours back to Bangkok. That's a blog story in itself!

*Cambodia - I went to Phnom Penh and Siam Reap for 5 days. I really enjoyed my time there, but it really made me think. The devistation of Phnom Penh and the genocide that happened 30 years ago is still very prevelent. More on that later...

* Christmas away from home - I wasn't sure I would be able to be away from home for Christmas, but I did it! Thank goodness for Vonage and Skype and Webcams! We opened up our presents via the webcam and Wyatt was excited to see his Aunt Katie on the computer. It was fun, but really hard as well. I am so blessed to also have Pascale and Kevin as my adopted family while I was here, and it was fun to be with their kids for Christmas as well.

*Visit with the Drapes - I had a blast playing hostess to my friends the Drapes. Chris, Chrissy, Matty and Andy. They are a super fun famliy that took a year off to travel around the world, and they just happened to stop in Bangkok. We toured around and saw some things I haven't even seen yet...Bangkok's Grand Palace, a boat tour of the Chao Praya river, The Ancient City, and even Bowling! We had a great time together, and it was fun to have some friends from Seattle to play tour guide to.

January

*School started and we had a trip to Koh Samet to ring in the new year.

*We took a trip to Bang Saphan, Jah's hometown. It was such a relaxing and fun time together!

February
* Moved to a new little apartment (my 3rd move so far...I think I'm staying here this time!)

*Started going to a gym near school. It's the nicest gym I've ever been in, it even has a sauna and a steam room in the bathroom. Gonna get healthy! whoop whoop!

*Went fishing Thai style and caught 15 fish in a giant stocked lake...pictures are coming shortly...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katie, it's nice to see the updates. I'm looking forward to the pictures. Miss you. Love ya!
Dad