Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Ayutthaya and the Summer Palace



Ayutthaya (pronounced eye you tee ah) was the second capital of Thailand before Bangkok. It is an ancient city full of ruins and beautiful architecture. Go here for more information if you are curious about Ayutthaya's history.

It is a beautiful area about an hour or so away from Bangkok. My really good friends Zak and Piedad were going up to show Zak's mom around and asked me if I wanted to come along too. We also stopped at the Summer Palace, and I really thought that was absolutely beautiful. I thought of my grandparents, especially Grammy and Grandma backeast would have especially loved this area. There were flowers all over, it was a cool yet sunny day, and the wind was refreshing and wonderful.

We had a great day. Here are some pictures of the Summer Palace and of Ayutthaya. The funniest part was taking a picture of a lady in 4 inch leopard stiletto heels walking around ancient ruins. Only in Asia would that happen. SOOO funny! Guess I forgot my stiletto ruins walking shoes at home....shoot! :)





















No comments: