Saturday, November 10, 2007

Break a Leg REALLY means good luck!

Where's Miss Katie?????



So my school put on the most gradious production of the Wizard of Oz. The production was supposed to happen last May, but due to construction delays of our new Godbout Hall, the producers (yes, you heard me....producers) postponed it to this week in November.

My kids were just perfect for the role of the Munchkins, so all elementary school students were able to join who wanted to be a part of it. I had 7 munchkins from my class. There were four different performances for each school section, so each morning I would tell them to "Break a Leg!".....needless to say they were a bit confused until I told them that it really meant good luck. They did a fine job but hey, any little being that is about 3 feet tall wearing colorful clothes and singing is bound to be adorable, right? Here are some pictures from the show, and I'm uploading a video of the final song to show you as well.

Hope you enjoy it!




My friend Dennis played Farmer Joe and my friend Ryan played Dorothy's Uncle....(anyone? I can't remember his name....)




The cast did an amazing job, my favorite was the cowardly lion. He should be bound for Hollywood, or Broadway...




This is one of my former students, Zoe. She played a munchkin, but also there was a surpise part in the play and she was a "mini me" version of the Wicked Witch and went running across the stage. It was quite funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, how long after the performances did you break your leg (or bruise it)? Have the kids seen you since?

Nobody here knows Uncle Dorothy's Aunt's name.
Love,
Dad

Dennis and Bari said...

Ah, the perils of teaching ESL students! Thanks for making him even more (in)famous :)