Sunday, August 24, 2008

Bike Tour around Bangkok

I have two wonderful Dutch friends, Christo and Lieke. They are my favorite for a couple of reasons. But probably one of my favorite reasons is Christo's wonderful ways of finding new adventures for us...and boy they usually are adventures. I call him our OnStar because whatever we want to do, he can figure out how to get there or knows someone Dutch who knows someone..you get the picture. Well, yesterday Christo planned an adventure bike tour around Bangkok. Fourteen of us toured Bangkok on off road bicycles. We went through small villiages, slums, across rivers, through a park, small trails along the klong (small rivers that you DEFINITELY don't want to fall into). Overall it was a wonderful experience. Here are some totals:

Total people: 15 1/2
Youngest rider: Sasha, age 3
Total Hours riding: 5 hours 35 minutes
Total Kilometers: 25
Total boat rides: 2
Fish Fed: a zillion...I swear!
A day of fun: priceless :)

Here are some pictures. Enjoy!


Christo and I are pretty excited!




Diana and Pascale are READY!!!




Ridin' on the Street, yes, it's true...no helmets...not even a option...




a "slide" in one of the slums in Bangkok...as one of my friends pointed out, it would be just as fun in the rain...




On our longtail boat crossing the Chao Praya river...fun times!




This is along the klong, at times the path was about 4 feet AND a motorcycle or a person would be on the path coming the opposite direction...YIKES!




A ZILLION FULL fish...they get PLENTY of fish food




Pascale and I had a blast together...it's rare I get my dear friend all to myself...It was such a fun day with her!




Posing in front of some Chedi's...the place people bury their ancestor's ashes.

2 comments:

Christy said...

yeah for new blog posts!
looks like you had a fun bike ride!

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Great fun!! I LOVE bike riding! I bet it was wonderful to go to cool places like that as a destination!

Glad you were able to do that with good friends!