Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Phew.....where do I begin?!?!?!

To my Dear Friends and Family,

I am so sorry to keep you waiting as I up-date my blog. I have had some computer problems this last month, as it seems that I have maxed out my iphoto with all of my pictures....anyway, The month of November brought many exciting things, and the first two weeks in December have been truly amazing. I am so blessed to have celebrated Wyatt's One Year Old birthday in November, and happened to call while he was opening his presents. I was so worried that I would be heart broken over not being there, but as I called and was able to hear him playing with the hand carved wooden frog I sent him, I felt joyful to experience his birthday with him, even at a distance. I CAN NOT wait to come home and scoop him up and play with him!!!! Erik told me the other day that he is almost 3 feet tall, and I can hardly even imagine that! Also in November, I experienced my first trip to the hospital. The hospital is also where the doctor's clinics are, and I had been having stomach issues for quite some time, but it wasn't until I had a high fever that I decided I might need to get it checked out. So I was nervous, as the last time I went to the "doctor" in a developing country I had a boil lanced without any anesthetic and it was the worst pain in my life...but I was pleasantly surprised at the hospital. It was very clean and nice, and I was in and out of there in 30 minutes. The doctor listened to my stomach and told me that my stomach was bubbling. I had a stomach and intestinal infection. He put me on antibiotics that lasted 3 days, and they made me more sick than my original condition. I got a little better after that, but I still have some stomach issues from time to time....as my friend JT calls it, I've got "Bombay Belly" or rather "Bangkok Belly"....guess it just comes with the territory!

No comments: