Friday, July 21, 2006

Ramblings at the Toyko Airport




July 19, 2006

I couldn'’t believe how awesome it was to fly on northwest!!!! Maybe I am a simple girl, but I didn't even open my bag once!!! Okay wait a minute....I opened my bag twice....once for grandpa's pumpkin woopie pies and once for my book the Divinci Code....but I didn't read much because they have new technology now on the airbuss 330 and we each had our own on demand. I don't even have that at my house let alone programming in the seat in front of me. I got to watch movie after movie and it made the time fly by. But they didn'’t ONLY have an applethra of movies, they had music, a couple of video games, comedy shows and flight information right at my fingertips. Well.....guess I was impressed.

So I'm sitting in the Japan International Airport and I wish I had someone to talk with. Haven't really had a true conversation for about 10 hours now. Japan reminds me of Seattle. We landed and the ground was wet with rain that had just fallen. And the sky is a lovely shade of grey. Something I am surely going to miss in Bangkok.

There was a little boy on the airplane that could have been Wyatt's older brother. It was pretty strange how much he looked like my little man. Perhaps he really didn't and I'm projecting Wyatt on every baby boy I see..... or perhaps there really are people'’s twins in the world..... He had to be maybe two......but soooo cute.

And as I walked down the airport I noticed that there were potted plants on the sides of the automatic walkways......they are peonies and money trees, two plants that remind me of Sara.

It's now 2 am seattle time and it's 6pm Tokyo time. It's a perfect way to fly because once I get to Bangkok it will be time for bed and I'’ll get up fresh as a daisy......right? hummmmm guess only time will tell.

No comments: