Monday, September 08, 2008

Coulda been worse.....

So tonight I kinda had a little bit of a scare...

I was working on some things on the computer....okay not really. I was on Facebook. Because I am addicted to Facebook. Anyway, I kept smelling something burning. Not like a toast-in-the-toaster type of burning but like a plastic-wire-in-an-outlet type of burning. I looked all around and then after a couple of loud crackle and pops I realized that my outlet was shooting out sparks through my power cord strip that my computer was plugged into. I turned off the wall power and unplugged the cord, surprisingly nonchalant about it all...guess I've been in Thailand a little too long....

Everything is fine, but the cord is a little, well...toasted. I'm just thankful I was home. It could have been a LOT worse!

5 comments:

Christy said...

WOW~
that is crazy!
glad you are OK

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

That really IS WILD!! Glad you're ok!! :)

Dennis and Bari said...

I'm most impressed that you were so calm... maybe it's being a first grade teacher, rather than being in Thailand -you have to be prepared for anything! Thanks for calling on Skype... we'll connect with you soon :)

-Bari

Anonymous said...

The sparks are great to watch, but I don't like the burning smell so I try to keep that kind of thing to a minimum. Hopefully your mom won't find out...

Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

it was probably those %^&* cats!