Monday, March 26, 2007



I went to Safari World and was able to do things I would NEVER get away with in an American Zoo....sure, animal rights activists, stay away, but if you have ever wanted to pet an animal, feed a giraffe, or give a bottle to a tiger, or have an orangutan wrap it's arms around you and give a cheesy grin to the camera, then Safari World is for you!!! We also saw dolphins and beluga whales, the first ever that I have seen! They were beautiful animals and so graceful in the water. We also say a "muay thai" oragutans acting as WWF fighters for the crowd. They were pretty fun, but there would be picketers and activists outside the zoo for sure if that type of activity had gone on in the states. I will add more pictures soon, but this was my FAVORITE part of that day!!! I got to walk up a loft type cabana area and actually FEED GIRAFFES!!!!! It was AWESOME!!!!!!

1 comment:

Miriam said...

So glad you have added more to your blog! I always check for updates and was pleasantly suprised to see some tonight! Went to Royal Orchid tonight and ordered some showering rama and thought of you!